Terms of Service of Fridman Law Firm PLLC
Last Updated: September 28, 2021
Welcome to Fridman Law Firm PLLC, a New York Professional Limited Liability Company (the “Firm”, “we”, “us”, interchangeably).
- All visitors (“Website Visitors” or “Users”, interchangeably) to the Firm’s website located at fridmanlawfirm.com (the “Website”).
We reserve the right to change this User Agreement from time to time without notice by posting an updated copy of this User Agreement to the Website. You acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to review this User Agreement periodically to familiarize yourself with any modifications. Your continued use of this site after such modifications will constitute acknowledgment and agreement of the modified terms and conditions.
THIS WEBSITE CONTAINS ATTORNEY MARKETING MATERIAL. Nothing contained on the Website shall be construed as legal advice, as each client and case is subject to particular and unique facts and circumstances. The information contained on this site is provided subject to the limitations contained in Section 6 hereof.
The Firm only provides legal advice and services to Clients pursuant to an Engagement Letter as defined and more fully set forth in Section 2 below.
- Responsible Use and Conduct
- Resources. By visiting our Website and accessing the information, resources, products, and tools we provide for you, either directly or indirectly (hereafter referred to as “Resources”), you agree to use these Resources only for the purposes intended as permitted by (a) the terms of this User Agreement, and (b) applicable laws, regulations and generally accepted online practices or guidelines.
- Prohibited Usage. Wherein, you understand that:
- In order to access our Resources, you may be required to provide certain information about yourself. You agree that any information you provide will always be accurate, correct, and up to date.
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any login information associated with any account you use to access our Resources. Accordingly, you are responsible for all activities that occur under your account/s.
- Accessing (or attempting to access) any of our Resources by any means other than through the means we provide, is strictly prohibited. You specifically agree not to access (or attempt to access) any of our Resources through any automated, unethical or unconventional means.
- Engaging in any activity that disrupts or interferes with our Resources, including the servers and/or networks to which our Resources are located or connected, is strictly prohibited.
- Attempting to copy, duplicate, reproduce, sell, trade, or resell our Resources is strictly prohibited.
- You are solely responsible any consequences, losses, or damages that we may directly or indirectly incur or suffer due to any unauthorized activities conducted by you, as explained above, and may incur criminal or civil liability.
- We may provide various open communication tools on our Website, such as blog comments, blog posts, public chat, forums, message boards, newsgroups, ratings and reviews, various social media services, etc. You understand that generally we do not pre-screen or monitor content posted by users of these various communication tools, which means that if you choose to use these tools to submit any type of content to our Website, then it is your personal responsibility to use these tools in a responsible and ethical manner. By posting information or otherwise using any open communication tools as mentioned, you agree that you will not upload, post, share, or otherwise distribute any content that:
- Is illegal, threatening, defamatory, abusive, harassing, degrading, intimidating, fraudulent, deceptive, invasive, racist, or contains any type of suggestive, inappropriate, or explicit language;
- Infringes on any trademark, patent, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary rights of any party;
- Contains any type of unauthorized or unsolicited advertising;
- Impersonates any person or entity, including any Firm employees or representatives.
We have the right at our sole discretion to remove any content that we feel in our judgment does not comply with this User Agreement, along with any content that we feel is otherwise offensive, harmful, objectionable, inaccurate, or violates any third-party copyrights or trademarks. We are not responsible for any delay or failure in removing such content. If you post content that we choose to remove, you hereby consent to such removal, and consent to waive any claim against us.
c. Eligibility. This is a contract between you and the Firm. You must read and agree to these terms before using the Resources. If you do not agree, you may not use the Resources. You may use the Resources only if you can form a binding contract with the Firm, and only in compliance with this Agreement and all applicable local, state, national, and international laws, rules and regulations. You are responsible for the acts of others utilizing your access to the Resources and will be held responsible for violations of the Resources by persons who gain access to the Resources using your device or shared access. Any use or access to the Resources by anyone under the Minimum Age is strictly prohibited and in violation of this Agreement. The Resources are not available to any Users previously removed from the Website by the Firm.
“Minimum Age” means the greater of (i) 13 years old or (ii) the age required by applicable law, if such law requires that you must be older in order for us to lawfully provide the Services to you without parental consent (including using of your personal data).
- Services and Payments
- Limited License. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, you are hereby granted a non-exclusive, limited, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, freely revocable license to use the Resources for your personal, noncommercial use only and as permitted by this User Agreement. The Firm reserves all rights not expressly granted herein in the Resources and the Firm Content (as defined below). The Firm may terminate this license at any time for any reason or no reason.
- Services. The Firm provides legal services to Users who enroll (“Clients”) pursuant to an engagement letter (each, an “Engagement Letter”) which sets for the scope, duration, price, and nature of the services (“Services”). Where these Terms of Service and an Engagement Letter conflict as to an individual Client, such Engagement Letter will control.
- Location of Resources. The Resources are controlled and operated from facilities in the United States. The Firm makes no representations that the Resources are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who access or use the Resources from other jurisdictions do so at their own volition and are entirely responsible for compliance with all applicable United States and local laws and regulations, including but not limited to export and import regulations. You may not use the Resources if you are a resident of a country embargoed by the United States, or are a foreign person or entity blocked or denied by the United States government. Unless otherwise explicitly stated, all materials found on the Resources are solely directed to individuals, companies, or other entities located in the United States.
- California Residents. The provider of services is set forth herein. If you are a California resident, in accordance with Cal. Civ. Code §1789.3, you may report complaints to the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs by contacting them in writing at 1625 North Market Blvd., Suite N 112 Sacramento, CA 95834, or by telephone at (800) 952-5210 or (916) 445-1254.
- Availability. We may, without prior notice, change the Resources; stop providing the Resources, to you or to Users generally; or create usage limits for the Resources. We may permanently or temporarily terminate or suspend your access to the Resources without notice and liability for any reason, including if in our sole determination you violate any provision of this Agreement, or for no reason. Upon termination for any reason or no reason, you continue to be bound by this Agreement.
- Termination of Use
- Generally. You agree that we may, at our sole discretion, suspend or terminate your access to all or part of the Resources with or without notice and for any reason, including, without limitation, breach of this User Agreement. Any suspected illegal, fraudulent or abusive activity may be grounds for terminating your relationship and may be referred to appropriate law enforcement authorities. Upon suspension or termination, your right to use the Resources we provide will immediately cease, and we reserve the right to remove or delete any information that you may have on file with us.
- Document Destruction. Upon the termination of any User’s access to the Resources the Firm may, in its discretion, retain Data for up to ninety (90) days, at which time the Data will be (i) archived or (ii) deleted, in the Firm’s sole discretion. If the Firm elects to delete the Data will take reasonable efforts delete, remove, or otherwise destroy any such Data in its possession.
- Litigation Hold. In the event the Firm is served with any subpoena or request for documents or becomes aware of a governmental investigation or audit concerning the Firm or a client thereof, or the commencement of any litigation against or concerning the Firm or a client thereof, any further disposal of documents shall be suspended until shall time as the Firm, with the advice of counsel, determines otherwise. The Firm shall take such steps as is necessary to promptly inform any staff of any suspension in the further disposal of documents.
- Firm Proprietary Rights.
Except for your User Content, the Resources and all materials therein or transferred thereby, including, without limitation, software, images, text, graphics, illustrations, logos, patents, trademarks, service marks, copyrights, photographs, audio, videos, music, and User Content belonging to other Users (the “the Firm Content”), and all Intellectual Property Rights related thereto, are the exclusive property of the Firm and its licensors (including other Users who post User Content to the Resources). Except as explicitly provided herein, nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed to create a license in or under any such Intellectual Property Rights, and you agree not to sell, license, rent, modify, distribute, copy, reproduce, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, publish, adapt, edit or create derivative works from any the Firm Content. Use of the Firm Content for any purpose not expressly permitted by this Agreement is strictly prohibited.
You may choose to or we may invite you to submit comments or ideas about the Resources, including without limitation about how to improve the Resources or our products (“Ideas”). By submitting any Idea, you agree that your disclosure is gratuitous, unsolicited and without restriction and will not place the Firm under any fiduciary or other obligation, and that we are free to use the Idea without any additional compensation to you, and/or to disclose the Idea on a non-confidential basis or otherwise to anyone. You further acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, the Firm does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to the Firm, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
NOTWITHSTANDING ANY VALUE ATTRIBUTED TO SUCH DATA BY YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY, YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT ANY DATA, USER HISTORY AND USER CONTENT RESIDING ON THE FIRM’S SERVERS, MAY BE DELETED, ALTERED, MOVED OR TRANSFERRED AT ANY TIME FOR ANY REASON IN THE FIRM’S SOLE DISCRETION, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE AND WITH NO LIABILITY OF ANY KIND. THE FIRM DOES NOT PROVIDE OR GUARANTEE, AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS, ANY VALUE, CASH OR OTHERWISE, ATTRIBUTED TO ANY DATA RESIDING ON THE FIRM’S SERVERS.
- Limitation of Liability.
- As-Is. By using our Website, you understand and agree that all Resources we provide are “as is” and “as available”. Firm makes no representations or warranties that:
- the use of our Resources will meet your needs or requirements;
- the use of our Resources will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or free from errors;
- the information obtained by using our Resources will be accurate or reliable;
- and any defects in the operation or functionality of any Resources we provide will be repaired or corrected.
- As-Is. By using our Website, you understand and agree that all Resources we provide are “as is” and “as available”. Firm makes no representations or warranties that:
Furthermore, you understand and agree that (i) any content downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of our Resources is done at your own discretion and risk, and that you are solely responsible for any damage to your computer or other devices for any loss of data that may result from the download of such content, and (ii) no information or advice, whether expressed, implied, oral or written, obtained by you from the Firm or through any Resources we provide shall create any warranty, guarantee, or conditions of any kind, except for those expressly outlined in this User Agreement.
b. Warranties. Use of the Resources is at your own risk. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the Resources Are provided without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from The Firm or through the Resources will create any warranty not expressly stated herein. Without limiting the foregoing, The Firm, its subsidiaries, its affiliates, and its licensors do not warrant that the content is accurate, reliable or correct; that the Resources will meet your requirements; that the Resources will be available at any particular time or location, uninterrupted or secure; that any defects or errors will be corrected; or that the Resources Are free of viruses or other harmful components. Any content downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the Resources is downloaded at your own risk and you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or mobile device or loss of data that results from such download or your use of the Resources.
Further, The Firm does not warrant, endorse, guarantee, or assume responsibility for any product or service advertised or offered by a third party through the Resources or any hyperlinked website or service, and The Firm will not be a party to or in any way monitor any transaction between you and third-party providers of products or services.
Federal law, some states, provinces and other jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion and limitations of certain implied warranties, so the above exclusions may not apply to you. This Agreement gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. The disclaimers and exclusions under this Agreement will not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
c. Limitation of Liability. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall The Firm, its affiliates, agents, directors, employees, suppliers or licensors be liable for any indirect, punitive, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including without limitation damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses, arising out of or relating to the use of, or inability to use, the Resources. Under no circumstances will The Firm be responsible for any damage, loss or injury resulting from hacking, tampering or other unauthorized access or use of the Resources or your account or the information contained therein.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, The Firm assumes no liability or responsibility for any (i) errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of content; (ii) personal injury or property damage, of any nature whatsoever, resulting from your access to or use of our service; (iii) any unauthorized access to or use of our secure servers and/or any and all personal information stored therein; (iv) any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from the Resources; (v) any bugs, viruses, trojan horses, or the like that may be transmitted to or through our service by any third party; (vi) any errors or omissions in any content or for any loss or damage incurred as a result of the use of any content posted, emailed, transmitted, or otherwise made available through the Resources; and/or (vii) User Content or the defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct of any third party. In no event shall The Firm, its affiliates, agents, directors, employees, suppliers, or licensors be liable to you for any claims, proceedings, liabilities, obligations, damages, losses or costs in an amount exceeding the amount you paid to The Firm hereunder or $100.00, whichever is greater.
This limitation of liability section applies whether the alleged liability is based on contract, tort, negligence, strict liability, or any other basis, even if The Firm has been advised of the possibility of such damage.
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. This Agreement gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. The disclaimers, exclusions, and limitations of liability under this Agreement will not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
d. Indemnification. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Firm and its subsidiaries, agents, licensors, managers, employees, partners, and other affiliated companies, and their employees, contractors, agents, officers and directors, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) arising from: (i) your use of and access to the Resources, including any data or content transmitted or received by you; (ii) your violation of any term of this Agreement, including without limitation your breach of any of the representations and warranties above; (iii) your violation of any third-party right, including without limitation any right of privacy or Intellectual Property Rights; (iv) your violation of any applicable law, rule or regulation; (v) User Content or any content that is submitted by you including without limitation misleading, false, or inaccurate information; (vi) your willful misconduct; or (vii) any other party’s access and use of the Resources with your unique username, password or other appropriate security code.
e. Third Party Content. This User Agreement does not apply to the websites or services of any other person or entity. We may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other worldwide websites or resources. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and do not endorse (and are not responsible or liable for) any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such websites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that, under no circumstances, will we be held responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any loss or damage that is caused or alleged to have been caused to you in connection with your use of, or reliance on, any content, advertisements, products or other resources available on any other website (regardless of whether we directly or indirectly link to such content, advertisements, products or other resources). You should direct any concerns with respect to any other website to that website’s administrator or webmaster.
f. Security. The Firm cares about the integrity and security of your personal information. The Firm uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information and implement your privacy settings. However, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat our security measures or use your personal information for improper purposes. You acknowledge that you provide your personal information at your own risk.
g. No Professional Advice. If the Resources provide professional information (for example, legal or financial), such information is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as professional advice. No action should be taken based upon any information contained in the Resources. You should seek independent professional advice from a person who is licensed and/or qualified in the applicable area.
- Intellectual Property
- Website Content. Subject in all ways to Section 5 hereof, all content and materials available on the Website, including but not limited to text, graphics, Website name, code, images and logos are the intellectual property of the Firm and its licensors, and are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law. Any inappropriate use, including but not limited to the reproduction, distribution, display or transmission of any content on this site is strictly prohibited, unless specifically authorized by the Firm.
- Your Content. The Resources may allow Users to submit, post, display, provide, or otherwise make available content such as profile information, comments, questions, source code, logs, and other content or information (any such materials a User submits, posts, displays, provides, or otherwise makes available on the Resources is referred to as “User Content”).
WE CLAIM NO OWNERSHIP RIGHTS OVER USER CONTENT CREATED BY YOU. THE USER CONTENT YOU CREATE REMAINS YOURS. However, you understand that certain portions of the Resources may allow other Users to view, edit, share, and/or otherwise interact with your User Content. By providing or sharing User Content through the Resources, you agree to allow others to view, edit, share, and/or interact with your User Content in accordance with your settings and this Agreement. Firm has the right (but not the obligation) in its sole discretion to remove any User Content that is shared via the Resources.
By submitting, posting, displaying, providing, or otherwise making available any User Content on or through the Resources, you expressly grant, and you represent and warrant that you have all rights necessary to grant, to the Firm a royalty-free, sublicensable, transferable, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, worldwide license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, list information regarding, edit, translate, distribute, syndicate, publicly perform, publicly display, and make derivative works of all such User Content and your name, voice, and/or likeness as contained in your User Content, in whole or in part, and in any form, media or technology, whether now known or hereafter developed, for use in connection with the Resources and the Firm’s (and its successors’ and affiliates’) business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Resources (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels. You also hereby grant each User of the Resources a non-exclusive license to access your User Content through the Resources, and to use, reproduce, distribute, display and perform such User Content as permitted through the functionality of the Resources and under this Agreement.
For the purposes of this Agreement, “Intellectual Property Rights” means all patent rights, copyright rights, mask work rights, moral rights, rights of publicity, trademark, trade dress and service mark rights, goodwill, trade secret rights and other intellectual property rights as may now exist or hereafter come into existence, and all applications therefore and registrations, renewals and extensions thereof, under the laws of any state, country, territory or other jurisdiction.
In connection with your User Content, you affirm, represent and warrant the following:
- You have the written consent of each and every identifiable natural person in the User Content, if any, to use such person’s name or likeness in the manner contemplated by the Resources and this Agreement, and each such person has released you from any liability that may arise in relation to such use.
- You have obtained and are solely responsible for obtaining all consents as may be required by law to post any User Content relating to third parties.
- Your User Content and the Firm’s use thereof as contemplated by this Agreement and the Resources will not violate any law or infringe any rights of any third party, including but not limited to any Intellectual Property Rights and privacy rights.
- the Firm may exercise the rights to your User Content granted under this Agreement without liability for payment of any guild fees, residuals, payments, fees, or royalties payable under any collective bargaining agreement or otherwise.
- To the best of your knowledge, all your User Content and other information that you provide to us is truthful and accurate.
The Firm takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any User Content that you or any other User or third-party posts, sends, or otherwise makes available over the Resources. You shall be solely responsible for your User Content and the consequences of posting, publishing it, sharing it, or otherwise making it available on the Resources, and you agree that we are only acting as a passive conduit for your online distribution and publication of your User Content. You understand and agree that you may be exposed to User Content that is inaccurate, objectionable, inappropriate for children, or otherwise unsuited to your purpose, and you agree that the Firm shall not be liable for any damages you allege to incur as a result of or relating to any User Content.
c. License. We do not assume any liability for any content posted by you or any other third-party users of our Website. However, any content posted by you using any open communication tools on our Website, provided that it doesn’t violate or infringe on any third party copyrights or trademarks, becomes the property of the Firm and as such, gives us a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, publish, publicly display and/or distribute as we see fit.
- Dispute Resolution
- Disputes with Other Users. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Users. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Users. The Firm shall have no liability for your interactions with other Users, or for any User’s action or inaction.
- Arbitration. Any disagreement or dispute regarding or arising out of this Agreement, except a threat to or breach of Sections 5 or 7 hereof (which threat or breach shall be subject to remedies at law or at equity in a court of competent jurisdiction, including but not limited to injunctive relief) shall be subject the following dispute resolution process. In the event of such a disagreement or dispute, the Parties shall first attempt to negotiate directly, in good faith, a resolution. Should the Parties not achieve resolution by such means, the Parties shall submit to third-party arbitrator selected with the then-applicable rules of the American Arbitration Association. Such arbitration shall be held in New York, New York. The Firm may require that such an arbitrator sign a certification stating that said arbitrator is not acquainted with either of the Parties or either of the Parties’ counsel.
- Attorney’s Fees. In theevent the Firm brings any action at law or at equity for the enforcement of any rights hereunder or in connection with any claim, controversy, or dispute arising from or in connection with this Agreement, the Firm shall be entitled to collect from the User, in addition to any damages, all costs, fees, and expenses incurred in such dispute, including but not limited to reasonable attorneys’ fees.
- Waiver of Jury Trial. EACH PARTY WAIVES ITS RESPECTIVE RIGHTS TO A TRIAL BY JURY OF ANY CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION BASED UPON OR ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT OR THE TRANSACTIONS CONTEMPLATED HEREBY IN ANY ACTION, PROCEEDING OR OTHER LITIGATION OF ANY TYPE BROUGHT BY ANY PARTY AGAINST THE OTHER PARTY OR ANY AFFILIATE OF SUCH OTHER PARTY, WHETHER WITH RESPECT TO CONTRACT CLAIMS, TORT CLAIMS OR OTHERWISE. THE PARTIES AGREE THAT ANY SUCH CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION SHALL BE TRIED BY A COURT TRIAL WITHOUT A JURY. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE PARTIES FURTHER AGREE THAT THEIR RESPECTIVE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY IS WAIVED BY OPERATION OF THIS SECTION AS TO ANY ACTION, COUNTERCLAIM OR OTHER PROCEEDING WHICH SEEKS, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, TO CHALLENGE THE VALIDITY OR ENFORCEABILITY OF THIS AGREEMENT OR ANY PROVISION HEREOF. THIS WAIVER SHALL APPLY TO ANY SUBSEQUENT AMENDMENTS, RENEWALS, SUPPLEMENTS OR MODIFICATIONS TO THIS AGREEMENT. EACH PARTY ACKNOWLEDGES THAT IT HAS RECEIVED THE ADVICE OF COMPETENT COUNSEL.
- Waiver of Class Action. With respect to all persons and entities, regardless of whether they have obtained or used the Resources for personal, commercial or other purposes, all Claims must be brought in the parties’ individual capacity, and not as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class action, collective action, private attorney general action or other representative proceeding. This waiver applies to class arbitration, and, unless we agree otherwise, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s Claims. You agree that, by entering into this Agreement, you and The Firm are each waiving the right to a trial by jury or to participate in a class action, collective action, private attorney general action, or other representative proceeding of any kind.
- DMCA Notice.
Since we respect artist and content owner rights, it is the Firm’s policy to respond to alleged infringement notices that comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (“DMCA”).
If you believe that your copyrighted work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement and is accessible via the Resources, please notify the Firm’s copyright agent as set forth in the DMCA. For your complaint to be valid under the DMCA, you must provide the following information in writing:
- An electronic or physical signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner;
- Identification of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing and where it is located on the Resources;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the Firm to contact you, such as your address, telephone number, and, e-mail address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or law; and
- A statement, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information is accurate, and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the owner.
The above information must be submitted to the following DMCA Agent:
UNDER FEDERAL LAW, IF YOU KNOWINGLY MISREPRESENT THAT ONLINE MATERIAL IS INFRINGING, YOU MAY BE SUBJECT TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION FOR PERJURY AND CIVIL PENALTIES, INCLUDING MONETARY DAMAGES, COURT COSTS, AND ATTORNEYS’ FEES.
Please note that this procedure is exclusively for notifying the Firm and its affiliates that your copyrighted material has been infringed. The preceding requirements are intended to comply with the Firm’s rights and obligations under the DMCA, including 17 U.S.C. §512(c), but do not constitute legal advice. It may be advisable to contact an attorney regarding your rights and obligations under the DMCA and other applicable laws.
In accordance with the DMCA and other applicable law, the Firm has adopted a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances, Users who are deemed to be repeat infringers. the Firm may also at its sole discretion limit access to the Resources and/or terminate the Resources of any Users who infringe any intellectual property rights of others, whether or not there is any repeat infringement.
- Miscellaneous Provisions.
- Governing Law. This Agreement and any claim or controversy arising hereunder or in connection herewith shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the domestic laws of the State of New York (the “Governing State”) without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule (whether of the Governing State or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Governing State.
- Jurisdiction and Venue. You irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of any State or Federal court sitting in New York, New York (collectively, the “Designated Courts”), for the purposes of any suit, legal action, dispute or other proceeding arising out of or relating to this Agreement and the transactions contemplated hereby, and to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts for the enforcement of any judgment obtained thereunder subject in all ways to Section 8 above. You hereby waive objection to the personal jurisdiction of the Designated Courts. You further agree that service of any process, summons, notice or other document by U.S. registered mail to the address provided to us shall be effective service of process for any action, suit or proceeding in the Courts with respect to any matters to which you have submitted to jurisdiction as set forth above. You irrevocably and unconditionally waive any objection to the laying of venue of any dispute, action, suit or proceeding arising out of this Agreement or the transactions contemplated hereby in the Designated Courts, and hereby further irrevocably and unconditionally waive and agree not to plead or claim in any such Designated Court that any such dispute, action, suit or proceeding brought in any such Court has been brought in an inconvenient forum or venue.
- Severability. If any provision of this User Agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
- Assignment. We may assign our rights and obligations under this User Agreement. This User Agreement will inure to the benefit of our successors, assigns and licensees.
- Waiver. The failure of either party to insist upon or enforce the strict performance of the other party with respect to any provision of this User Agreement, or to exercise any right under this User Agreement, will not be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of such party’s right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance; rather, the same will be and remain in full force and effect.
- Business Days. If any time period for giving notice or taking action hereunder expires on a day which is a Saturday, Sunday or legal holiday in New York, New York, the time period shall automatically be extended to the business day immediately following such Saturday, Sunday or legal holiday.
- Construction. In the event an ambiguity or question of intent or interpretation arises, this User Agreement shall be construed as if drafted jointly by the Parties and no presumption or burden of proof shall arise favoring or disfavoring any Party by virtue of the authorship of any of the provisions of this Agreement. Any reference to any law shall be deemed also to refer to all rules and regulations promulgated thereunder, unless the context requires otherwise. The word “including” shall mean including without limitation. Pronouns shall be deemed to refer to the masculine, feminine, and neutral and to the singular or plural as context requires. The section headings are included for convenience purposes only and shall not affect the meaning or construction of the substantive provisions hereof. The Recitals are incorporated into this Agreement by reference as if fully set forth herein. Each of the Firm and you are referred to as a “Party” and together, the “Parties”.
- Contact Information
If you have any questions or comments about this User Agreement as outlined above, you can contact us at:
Email us at: [email protected]